In addition to NELSON'S design experience, we have performed a variety of other services for our clients.
One important function has been assistance with procurement of materials and equipment for projects. At times we specify and arrange purchase of these items using the client's forms and funds. In other instances we purchase the items on behalf of our clients.
We have also performed feasibility studies, cost estimates, and market surveys. Our multi-discipline capability brings a broad scope of understanding to these types of investigations.
FORENSIC ENGINEERING & EXPERT WITNESS SERVICES
NELSON’s staff provides forensic engineering and expert witness services to owners, industrial, banking, insurance and commercial clients and law firms in pursuing or defending claims for damages. Our practice areas include the following:
- Building Systems: Thorough investigations from foundation to roof
- Catastrophe Services: Fast response teams focus on crucial and timely analysis
- Construction Claims and Disputes: Investigating claims and losses related to construction problems
- Electrical Engineering Expert Services: Examination of electrical and electronic equipment to determine impact on incidents and accidents
- Energy l Oil and Gas: Expertise from discovery to market
- Environmental Science: Significant knowledge and experience in environmental compliance, regulations and practice
- Forensic Engineering Experts: Expertise across several ﬁelds of engineering
- Industrial Accidents: Determining what happened and why: (root cause failure analysis)
- Marine: Assessing dock damage related to marine transportation
- Manufacturing and Machinery Sciences: Identifying performance issues, assessing damage and ﬁnding a solution
- Premises Liability: Expert evaluations of property
- Product Liability and Equipment Sciences: Evaluating claims caused by malfunctioning equipment and machines
- Property Loss Consultant: Assessing the condition of or damages to commercial and residential buildings
- Structural Damage Assessments: Determining the impact of nearby seismic events. sinkholes and soil subsidence on structural integrity
- Structural Engineering: Making critical determinations in the aftermath of a damage- causing event
- Trial Graphics: Visual presentations for clear understanding of the facts